- For over 11 years, Betsy has translated customer’s objectives into intuitive and accessible websites and applications, incorporating each customer’s unique visions with user-centered design.
- She has successfully lead teams in collaborating with a broad range of clients including health care, national security, and water security association customers.
- Betsy’s unique background in computer science, visual art, business & strategy consulting, UX &UI design, and web development make her an essential asset through the entire project lifecycle.
- Windows, Mac, UNIX
- Sublime Text; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign; MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word; Balsamiq Mockups.
User Experience Designer
The Motley Fool Alexandria, VA7/2011 – present
- Leads the gathering and analysis of user requirements, capturing the user needs through workflows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Conducted research through multiple methods including heuristic reviews, data analysis, user interviews, and usability tests to develop intuitive IA and interaction design.
- Successfully translated designs into well-structured, accessible XHTML & CSS for cutting-edge online .
SRA International Arlington, VA 12/2007 – 12/2013
- Lead the gathering and analysis of user requirements for a wide array of clients, capturing the user needs through workflows, wireframes and specification documents.
- Conducted research through multiple methods including heuristic reviews, surveys, user interviews, and usability tests to develop intuitive IA and interaction design.
- Successfully translated designs into well-structured, accessible XHTML & CSS for multiple web-based applications; worked with system developers to integrate the markup with ColdFusion and Java.
Water Security Network (WaterISAC)
- Assisted client in defining and developing marketing strategy.
- Conducted content audit of existing site, redesigned the IA to realign with marketing strategies. Designed new branding/logos and updated look and feel. Converted designs to cross-browser (X)HTML/CSS, utilizing Blueprint CSS framework.
- Conducted content audit of secure portal, developed information architecture, taxonomy for Jive/Clearspace Social networking platform. Served as Content Management team lead and established content migration and management strategy.
- Conducted user interviews and analysis of portal usage to identify areas for improvement and growth. Developed strategy for improving usability and utility of portal.
Deloitte & Touche Washington, DC 1/2006 – 12/2007
CGI-AMS Fairfax, VA 7/2004 – 1/2006
- Served as point person for usability design, 508 compliance, and HTML/CSS coding issues.
Duke University (Durham, NC) Graduated 5/2004
B.A., Computer Science/Visual Art; Honors: Dean’s List
Center for Global Education – Augsburg College (Central America) Fall 2002
Studied social justice and sustainable development in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.
Affiliations & Training
- UPA DC, IxDA, DCWW
- Adaptive Path UX Intensive four-day workshop; attended December 2008.
Triathlon training, snowboarding, black & white and color photography, graphic design